Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Sausage for One

Of the chicken variety, that is.

The highlight of my week: Sauteing onions, mushrooms, garlic, and chicken apple sausage in olive oil. Adding some diced tomatoes and whole wheat pasta. Eating said meal while watching the Bachelorette. Consuming a pint of blueberries during the rose ceremony. NATE got sent home! Who the fuck is Nate? Was he even on the show?

I digress. That was the highlight of my week. Perhaps that's why IN THE WEAKEST MOMENT OF WEAKNESS I'VE HAD IN MONTHS (okay, days) I JOINED MATCH.COM. Why, God?!?!?!!??!?!? Why?!?!?! I already regret it. Out of sheer, bold confidence in my real-life love life, I quit OkCupid (... and by quit I mean de-activated my account. It's saved and ready should I lose faith in my real-life love finding abilities.) Alas, down the drain goes that confidence. I may not be playing Quickmatch during my lunch break (I refuse to get the Match.com app on my phone, for now...) but I paid $41.99 for this shit! Except, I didn't pay for it. I talked my poor mother into buying it for me. She must be getting sick of my love life too.

So tonight, while watching 16 and Pregnant and feeling pretty good about myself for not being 16 or pregnant, I received yet another blow dealt exclusively by internet dating websites. ONLINE NOW: Aaron, the guy I'm having dinner with this Friday. We met on OkCupid before I de-activated and have now hung out twice. Looks like I'm not the only one double dipping in the world of cyber encounters/relationships/excusestogetdrunkforfreeonweeknights. He's got great eyes and an intriguing, dry sense of humor. I'm not sure if he cares about social justice, but he bought all my drinks and has HBO. At this point, that's grounds for a third date.

Maybe Aaron isn't crazy about me yet. I'm not crazy about him yet either. Jared, my favorite boyfriend last month (law school, Jewish, all-around perfect husband material), broke things off because I was too crazy about him too soon. Whatever, JARED. I'm sorry I thought you were awesome and I figured I would tell you! If he only knew the million texts I DIDN'T send. Hah. I'll show you too much too soon. No, no I won't. His number is now safely deleted from my phone, where it belongs.

Does it only feel like everyone else in the world is in a relationship? Or is it, more likely, true?


1 comment:

  1. Definitely agree. It does seem like everyone is in a relationship. On the quasi-bright side, they also all seem to be unhappy in them, so they're probably just as miserable as we are.

    ReplyDelete